Monday 13 June 2011

Welcome to my Blog!

Hello and welcome to my Blog which will be a companion to my main animation website.
Here I will be able to post my thoughts, drawings, photo's, videos on all things animated!
I have been working as a professional animator for 25 years now....wow that's a long time!
I became interested in making animated films at the tender age of 13, experimenting with a super 8mm camera, firstly with stop motion plasticine characters and then as my interest in drawing developed I began producing 2D drawn animation and have continued to do so ever since!
Around this time I watched a tv documentary on Richard Williams and his work was so inspiring I decided I had to become an animator! I visited his studio in 1983 when I was 18 and he gave me some wonderful advice DRAW! DRAW! DRAW!
Here is a photo of Richard Williams and myself at one of his masterclass lectures.